See when we bought our house it was a lovely shade of pink. From the floor up. I'm not kidding. So Jason and I paid someone to paint the ceiling and trim white and the walls a nice builder beige. Our intentions were to live here for 3-4 years, so beige walls were ok by me. However, since the housing market is not for sellers we're staying put for a while. I've decided I'm tired of my builder beige! And what better place to start than the bedroom. Being that our bedroom has 12' ceiling and is HUGE this was a task. I was lucky enough to borrow a 12' ladder from work and Bridget (my expert painter) was nice enough to spend all day on it.
I really like the color - a light brown. Jason and I will paint the bathroom in the next few weeks...one room was enough for me! The only hiccup in the job was when I went to pull the tape off of the trip. I have no idea why, but the white trim paint came off with the tape! It was a pretty humid weekend, so that's my only possible culprit. Now I get to spend next weekend touching up the white trim (to cover the pink!) and hopefully I'll be done.
Apparently painting is pretty hard work because I spent all day Sunday watching TV. I rented the entire season of True Blood and watched all 12 hours in one lazy day. I did intend on going to a friends house for a pool party, but as I was getting dressed the bottom fell out and it rained for a good hour. By that time, my effort was gone. :-)
After my short emotional breakdown over the peeling paint, I decided to finish the stinking project. I have zero coordination. In more ways than one - I fall down a lot and I have a hard time putting things together. So finding drapes for my bedroom has been a 3.5 year process. We have a red winter bedding and a sage green summer (because Texas only has 2 seasons) bedding. How do you find drapes for that? I say brown! Jason hasn't been in agreement with me on the brown, but since I am tired of bare walls and he got a phone call from a crying wife with peeling paint this morning he told me to get whatever made me happy.
I can say I'm one happy woman! I bought brown pillow shams to bring the color into the bedding, brown drapes and hardware. That stuff can be expensive (!!!) but I love the drapes. Now, if Jason ever gets home from his trip and stays home I'll have the drapes hung and update with photos of my new colorful bedroom.
For now, I'll leave you with the old boring one.
1 comment:
YAAY for curtains ;-) I am sure it will look great.
And I am so sorry about that trim. I really did not know it would do that :-(
Post a Comment