Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

I tend to overreact...

5/4/09

I'm a little pissed off. Jason and I both think that Dr. Firpo said he cannot come with me to the 12 week ultrasound. At first I was too overwhelmed to say anything. But after a weekend of stewing (and we all know how much I love to stew) I've decided to call and get to the bottom of this. Being sort of reasonable, I'm going to agree with her if there is a good medical reason he shouldn't be there. However, if they can't give me one I have two options. One, they can drag Jason out kicking and screaming. Two, I can divorce her and get a new doctor. I really like her so...I'm hoping I just misunderstood.


Well, I was right. However, I'm not happy about it. Jason can't come. Apparently the imaging center won't let him back there - it's not the doctor. So...after some posting on the nest, I found some mixed reviews. Some girls say change docs right away, others think it's not a big deal. Not being one to overreact, I'm going to stay with my doctor that I have and Jason is going to the appointment with me. I think that if he can come back, he will. If he ends up wasting time, well...not much we can do about that.


I also had a bit of a scare last night. I had some major 'take my breath away' cramps. Now, given that the day was a little crazy around work (we had a minor fire in the laundry room) and I spent most of the afternoon on my feet...I figured that was the culprit. After contemplation, I called the on-call doctor and talked to him. I could have gone to the ER and met him for an ultrasound, but since there was no spotting we decided I should just take it easy for the night. I called my doctor this morning and, surprise, surprise I feel 100% today...she said for me to hold off on coming in. I could go if I wanted to, but I feel pretty good and haven't had any spotting. So...I'm back to taking it easy. Darn it - I want to go to the gym!


I did laugh at the whole situation. I couldn't call Jason since he was taking a final and I couldn't call my mom (great phone call - Mom, I'm pregnant but I'm freaking out right now so what do I do?") So instead, I posted it on the Nest to ask a bunch of Internet friends who promptly told me to call the doctor. Have I mentioned how much I love that group of friends?


It was the first time that I really wanted to tell my mom, but I also really want to do this in person. I want to see the look on her face and get to enjoy that - I can't wait for it! I wish someone had taken a photo of me when I first tested - I think I had a deer-in-the-headlights look going on.

No comments: