Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Hoppy Easter!

My family usually does a pot-luck type thing for holidays. The hosts will be responsible for the main dish and beverages, then everyone else is to bring a side or dessert. This Easter I volunteered for a dessert. I have about 15 Easter/Spring type cookie cutters...but I didn't have the ambition to make sugar cookies. So...I thought about brownies.



These were actually pretty easy. Of course, because of lack of ambition, they were made from a box, but who cares? They taste pretty darn good! I poured them into a 11*13 cake pan and added the M&Ms for a little something extra. I also found out that they really need to cool completely before you try to remove them from the pan. I cut them out while they were still warm and then waited before taking them out of the pan.

Now, the upside is that you'll have a lot of brownie scraps. What to do, what to do? Since I hosted Bunko again this April I saved half of the scraps for my dessert. I made homemade ice cream and used the brownies as toppings. Well, the brownies that survived my trip to the fridge.

No comments: