Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pork Tenderloin

Each weekend on the Nest we do a weekly menu post. I'm not much of a menu planner, but it helps me get ideas and recipes. Plus, since everyone is in to saving money right now, some of the menus are built around what's on sale - score!

This week a friend of mine, Katie, posted her recipe for pork tenderloin. Since we have a few of those in the freezer on a regular basis, I decided to try something different. Plus, corn on the cob and green beans were on sale over the weekend...so guess what the meal was? The pork turned out very well, if I do say so myself. Jason ended up working late yesterday so I was in charge of cooking dinner and ended up eating before he got home. Hey, I was hungry!

Soy Lime Pork Tenderloin from So Tasty, So Yummy
  • 2 limes
  • 2 T wed or white wine vinegar (I used red)
  • 2 T vegetable oil (I used EVOO because I was out of veg oil)
  • 1 T low-sodium Soy sauce
  • 1 T honey
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 t red pepper flakes
  • 1 1/2 - 2 lb pork tenderloin

Cut limes in ½ and squeeze juice in a large measuring cup (about 2 cups). Add the vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce and honey. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, whisk to blend the mixture. Place the pork in a zip-top plastic bag and pour the marinade over the meat. Be sure to scrape out any honey that may cling to the measuring cup. Seal and chill for 24 hours.

Preheat gas grill on high. Cook the pork, rotating the meat every 5-6 minutes until all sides are brown. Continue to cook for another 8-10 minutes (about 30-35 minutes total) or until the internal temperature is 160. Take the pork off of the grill and cover with foil for about 10 minutes to let the meat rest. Jason is not the best at letting things rest, so I was kind of glad I was on my own last night. It makes such a big difference!

3 comments:

Jessica Davis said...

this sounds good. I'm going to have to try it.

bb said...

Looks yummy!!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I love how simple this is!