5/12/09
Ack! 9 weeks finally. For real. Since the doctor took a week back from me, I had to live through 8 weeks twice. It wasn’t as traumatic as it sounds. :-) This week, however, is a very exciting week for me. We’ve decided to tell some select family. Honestly, I’ve come to the conclusion that pretending NOT to be pregnant is much harder than actually being pregnant. This past weekend we visited Jason’s parents and let the cat out of the bag. Being Mother’s Day, we bought a cute card and added a sonogram photo to share the news. And since I seem to eat every 3.5 hours, we told them Saturday morning. They were very excited, but have been put on strict instructions to keep it as a family secret until the end of May.
Tonight I’m telling my sister. I’m taking a HUGE gamble here. My family is not good at keeping secrets, as I’ve mentioned before. But for some reason I want to tell her separately from my mom. Today is going to be a long day. Jason and I are going to her house to have dinner with her and Casi and we’ll tell them. I’ve bet Jason that Casi will cry. She’s a “Lifetime movie marathon watcher for the purpose of a good cry” kind of girl, so odds are good. Plus, since I’ve become closer to Lin I feel like it will be a big deal to tell her separate. Then I’m going to threaten her life if she lets it slip to my mom. As in, I’ll never trust her with another secret as long as she lives threat. I have faith – when my mom got married Lin found out 3 days before me and kept it a secret.
So Friday we’re finally telling my mom and step-dad. Again, more tears expect. I’m also going to threaten their lives that they can’t tell the rest of the family (ok, maybe my mom’s younger sister LaDonna, but only because they’re super close). On June 1, they can print it in the freaking paper for all I care. I just want to make it past the first trimester before it becomes public information. Just in case, you know. I decided to finally make my mom a photo album from my wedding for Mother’s Day. Jason and I spent Sunday night putting one together on Shutterfly, and then had to pay extra to overnight it hoping that it will actually be here on Friday before we leave. Good thing I waited until the last minute. I started putting a scrapbook together, but Jason vetoed that because…well…it wasn’t really up to his standards for a gift. Plus, the Shutterfly album will look better and took a lot less time to make. Friday is going to be a tough night. Lin’s boyfriend graduates from A&M (Whoop!) and the plan is to go to Northgate. So…not only do I have to manage to get my mom and step-dad alone to tell them and make sure my mom’s face is tear free before she sees anyone else, but I also have to fake drink all night! Like I said, pretending not to be pregnant is harder than being pregnant!
I will be so happy when this secret keeping is over!
No comments:
Post a Comment