6/3/09
The cat is out of the bag. I feel "officially pregnant." Everyone knows. Well, everyone who I care about knows. Did I mention that we told Maegan and Jett (my godson)? She is so excited. Jett is too, but he just doesn't know it. However anytime I pointed to my stomach and asked "what's this" he responded with "Aunt Dee baby!" Love it! He's going to be a great cousin to The Kid.
I had my 12 week appointment last week. That was a marathon. I started at 7am with an ultrasound and blood work and then had to be back at 1:30 for the appointment and more blood work. Dr. F thinks everything is going well and said that she'll only call if something comes back funky on the blood work. ((read below for my minor heart attack))
After I cleared everything with her I told my mom that she could tell the rest of the family and her friends. I would think that she got absolutely nothing done that afternoon. I'm sure the phone line was super busy! I called both grandmothers and that was it. LaDonna's coworker thinks they're going to need a third phone line by the fall because my grandmother is having surgery in September, my cousin Alicia is getting married in November and I'm due in December. The Nail Salon Hot Line will be in full force! Also, Jason said that as soon as he told his parents they could tell he thinks his dad emailed 80 people. Good grief!
I also told work this week, so that was a load off. Most of my coworkers are pretty excited and my boss didn't freak out about me missing 3 months of work. He probably feels like most of my family does - I won't make it the full 3 months out! We'll see...
The best thing so far is that my family is so excited. Jason and I talked about it last night and...it's not like it's a relief, because I knew they would be, but really it's just fun and cute. LaDonna asked if she could host a shower (like I would say no!) and if she could buy something. My mom already bought diapers and baby washcloths. I guess after 2 months of keeping things on the down-low it's a relief to finally share things.
On other baby news, I have splitting headaches that I can't get rid of. And Tylenol works about as well as eating candy.
Oh, my heart attack. I visited clients earlier this week in Austin. Tuesday morning we were wrapping up the visit and I heard my phone buzz. I figured it was Jason calling me back, but when I saw a random 713 number I almost threw up. I freaked out, closed out that appointment and got out the door. And, wouldn't you know, nothing was wrong. It was TUTS (a local theater company) trying to sell me tickets. I had been doing ok based on the doctors advice of "no news is good news" but man - that scared me to death.
No comments:
Post a Comment